So the rules:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
So here are my questions that I need to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging to keep a record of my school year, but also share some middle level resources. When it comes to counseling blogs, there are a lot for elementary, but not a lot for middle schoolers.
2. If you were President of the United States, what would be the first thing you would do?
- Well, I'd want to be First Lady, not President. I think the First Lady has a lot of power when it comes to things like education and promoting kindness, whereas the President has more of a political and economic agenda to follow and uphold.
3. 10 years ago, did you think you'd be where you are today? If not, where did you think you'd be?
- 10 years ago today, I thought that I might be a counselor educator or principal, but definitely working with kids and the counseling profession. I really love what I do; maybe that is why I have not gone on to a more leadership role.
4. What are you currently reading?
- Right now I am reading Into Thin Air with my soon to be 6th grader. I also am reading Linchpin suggested on the School Counselor blog.
5. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- I prefer to take an hour, but I have been know to be ready in about 20 minutes. . .and that is with showering, drying and styling my hair, and putting on makeup.
6. What is your most listened to song?
- This is a tough one. To be truthful, whatever is on the radio.
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
- Can I say Mr. Incredible? I like his Super Suit. Wish I had one!
8. What is your guilty pleasure food?
- This is silly, but Gobstoppers. I have candy for my Lunch Bunch kids. It comes in a variety bag, and I pick out all the Gobstoppers for myself. Even the kids know that if they find a packet, they need to hand it over!
- My hometown is Wallkill, NY. It is between Newburgh and New Paltz, NY. I loved growing up there. Lots of apples.
10. Who do you admire most?
- My husband. He's just a really good guy. He keeps me level headed.
11. What is your blogging niche?
- I don't know. . .do I have one? Most likely documenting the projects the kids and I worked on over the year. It's like a blogging diary.
OK. So here are my nominees. These ladies are fantastic bloggers. Go ahead and follow them, if you haven't already. (And while you're at it make sure to follow me!)
- Cool School Counseling by Lauren Gentry
- Carli Counsels by Carli Segal
- School Counseling from A-Z by Amanda
- Creative Elementary School Counselor by Cheryl Lassey
- Crazy Days Counseling by Crazy Days Counselor
- Extraordinary School Counselor by Tracey
- What are your favorite blogs?
- What made you start blogging?
- What are your favorite outside of school activities?
- What other forms of social media do you use?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- What other jobs did you dream of when you were younger?
- What made you decide to be a School Counselor?
- What advice do you have for others thinking about starting a blog?
- Do you have a blog feature (or article) that you are most proud of?
- Who is your superhero?
- What is your favorite quote?
Congrats to everyone!
I can't wait to see what you have to say!