Here is a video that is just too funny for words.
What wasn't added in the video is what is said by no school counselor ever. . .
- Call me Guidance Counselor.
- Counseling is only for people with problems.
- Go ahead and tell me everything. I won't listen anyway.
- I love having a couch in my office. That's where I take my naps when everyone else is teaching.
- No, really, I love dropping everything else I'm doing to organize and get ready for state testing.
- Those who can teach, those who can't go into school counseling.
- You really don't need a degree to do what I do.
- I get paid too much money for this.
- I love that I can play games all day and not have to do any real work.
- I'm not as important as a teacher.
- Schedule changes are the highlight of my day!
- I'm supposed to spend the majority of my day in direct services with students. . .are you kidding?
- No one needs career planning. That's what college is for.
- You CAN'T go to college. You'll NEVER get in.
- I'm not in this for the kids. I go to school because, well, what else would I do.
- I don't make a difference.
What are the other good ones you have to add? Let me know.
Join in by leaving a comment below or by joining one of the following groups.